Program Assistants (PAs) help our younger skaters learn to skate in our CanSkate and KinderCan programs. They help the professional coaches on the ice, and are very valuable as their energy, enthusiasm, and excellent skating skills help our new skaters enjoy our sport.
Our 2016-2017 Adminiskaters are: Julia A, Brittany B, Gracie C, Mackenzie H, Elizabeth M, Anna O, & Leia R
The full Program Assistant Information Booklet can be downloaded below. It must be reviewed by all PAs .
- Report to Dressing Room 3, 20 minutes before your scheduled session;
- Dress appropriately in your red volunteer t-shirt, , WFSC Jacket, WSST Jacket or black jacket under the red t-shirt and black yoga or skating pants;
- Confirm BEFORE you step onto the ice, with your Adminiskater which group you will be assisting;
- Deliver your equipment to your colour station BEFORE skaters enter the ice;
- Be available at the door to help skaters if necessary when they enter the arena;
- Redirect questions from CanSkate parents to the Coach Administrator;
- Be enthusiastic and keep the skaters moving.
Remember, you are a role model for the less experienced skaters!
Program Assistant Schedule
Our PAs are scheduled through our online PA system. You will receive a email every month asking you to enter your availability into the PA system. Karen, our PA Administrator, will give you the date that you must complete this by. After that date, the system is closed in order to create our schedule for the month.
It is YOUR responsibility to enter your availability in the PA system by the given date. If you don't, Karen will schedule your hours. If you're not able to skate on your scheduled session, it YOUR responsibility to find a replacement. Remember that a blue PA can be replaced by a blue PA OR a yellow PA, however a yellow PA can ONLY be replaced by another yellow PA.
All Intermediate A skaters are unless opted out are either a blue PA or green PA (PA in training), and all Senior and Elite skaters are yellow PAs (unless you have opted out).
The PA website allows us to plan and track PA attendance for all of our skaters. Please note that personal information is not associated with these accounts. You will only see your (hours required, hours completed, previous hours completed).
An email will be sent to each skater with the schedule before the start of the month but it can also be found on our website, posted on the bulletin board at the arena, and through the PA Schedule Page.
Directions on how to enter your availability, as well as see the schedule are on the PA Schedule Page.